Monday, November 21, 2005

sfdisk hacking

Still in a bid to create a self installing router, I’ve had to play around with sfdisk for autopartitioning and stuff. After reading thru the man pages, getting an idea, I grabbed the source of the ArchLinux installer and looked at how Judd did the auto partitioning parts… it looks cool.

My main problem is that I want to be able to detect the size of the disk, then create various partitions sized in percentages of the disk total size. The ArchLinux installer routine doesn’t do this, instead of uses some fixed sizes for /boot, swap and the whole rest of the disk for /.

I’m still looking for the best way to get the disk size (maybe I’ll even go with parted eventually). Anyway, I’ll try stuff out maybe tmrw nite or something… if that works… then the automated router installation CD will be finished sooner than I was expecting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home