more EET progress, update on D Xlib
Got some more lines of code in yesternite. Moving a bit slowly... i have this project at work that is tasking me out.
Anyways, i've added support for image data to the EET File. In the course of this, i had to create two struct ImageHeader, and Image, to make it all cleaner to use. Image may become a class with its own methods in a future incarnation/refactoring cycle. I can smell it already, but i'll delay the decision untill its obvious. Next come the DataDescriptor stuff i've been avoiding :D. Once i'm able to do those, i'll give myself an ECCTD certification. What's ECCTD? Duhhh!!! Essien Certified C To D Porter... DOH!!! :)
On the D Xlib front. Dejan (http://dejan.lekic.org), has finally gotten around to trying out what i've done so far, and declared we're good to go for the next step. Incidentally, we've decided to put a chill pill on Directly making Xlib D, OOP. What i think is that it will happen when we start the next phase... uhh.. yeah... This was just a precursor to another project. Porting DFL to Linux (http://www.dprogramming.com/dfl.php).
Just incase you haven't yet figured it out... that's how the XLib to D port came up :). Vathix, who is the author of DFL would want to have DFL on Linux, so Dejan and I are helping out, and in the process, hopefully filling a great need.
Anyways, we're ready to start moving on DFL, and we're going to be modelling it after dotGNU's Xsharp (A from scratch implementation of the .NET System.Windows.Forms functionality for the dotGNU project).
Dejan should setup subversion for Xlib D, and we'll be on our way... lets see how much work we can punch in this weekend.