Thursday, July 07, 2005

Java on LInux for Client, Inno Setup

Finally Dapo has figured out all he needs to run a Java TTS (Text To Speech) App on Linux, and he's set for his Demo in Lagos this weekend.

I'm finishing up his Linux setup, and his environment is:

Archlinux/e17 (yuh baby.!)/Eclipse/Tomcat/MySQL/Java

(I'm wishing we could have added Jython to that too :) )

Kewl huh? you bet.

Also, I decided to master Inno Setup once for all, and I finally got it working, and have used it to package PMUtils 1.0. Its rather flexible and i prefer the setup package it produces to the default msi's we build with .NET... uugghh!!!

Anyways, i'm using the proper setup on my box now, am noticing some usability issues... i guess i'll hit guys with it tmrw.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, December 25, 2008 5:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nvin Installer is a Free, open source installer. I found it really interesting !!!

 
At Saturday, December 27, 2008 10:02:00 AM, Blogger Essien Ita Essien said...

These days I develop 105% on LInux ;) so I don't have a spare windows boxen abouts to try this out.

Although my "dumbware" alert goes active when I see Tools built for Programmers touting:

"3. User friendly interface allows you to create create setup files easily. No need to write scripts or learn any programming"

I mean... what's the point? I'm a programmer already. IMOHO its not a selling point, its just a nice convenience. This just gives me some insight into the mind of the team behind the product.

That said, I can't give any good opinion unless I actually try it out :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home