Monday, July 11, 2005

Eclipse Help Plugin for D







I went playing with Eclipse this weekend (again! :) ).

Anyways, I don't see the reason of using Eclipse and being a developer if one doesn't know how to create a plugin. But then again, one can't just go about creating plugins just for the sake of plugins.

Any way, i've been having his 'itch' recently. My most used eclipse plugin PyDev, doesn't have all documentation that comes for instance with PythonWin or the Standard IDLE. Also, the eclipse plugins for the 'D' programming language doesn't have any documentation/reference.

I went to work, to see how easy it would be to extend the Eclipse help system, and the screeny above is the result of that effort, for the D programming Language.

To be honest, i really can't say i totally grok the stuff, but at least i have the idea. I've just downloaded the HTML docs for Python, and will over the couple of days, try to work them in.

I'm also going to clean up the D docs and contribute them to the eclipseD guys.

Am i having fun? You bet...

Essien out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home