Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Moving BACK to the future

I just spent the whole day indoors…. Was I sick? Nope…. Was I snowed in by a crazy blizzard? Nope, was I even Tsunami’d into hiding? Nope… wat I was, was CURFEWED!!!! Yup… I was grounded by the indigines (is this spelling correct? I think not ;) ) of Abeokuta, because the King of the town is dead, and part of the ceremonies demands a ONE DAY CURFEW!!!!

Yup you read me right… a one day curfew… not a public holiday, not a general relaxed sort of work free day, but a blatant curfew… ok… I’m just getting to the point where 4 lettered words may begin to flow, so I’ll stop there.

But this got me thinking… come on.. guys… we have a democratic system and people from all over the country residing in this town, but why the heck will the government allow this to go on? Don’t get me wrong, I’m respectfull of tradition and values and stuff like that, but I think this is waaaaaay overboard… what happens if someone came in from the east, and didn’t get to hear of this, and drives into the town?

Oh well… I was just sooo strange to me, because where I hail from, when our king dies, the curfews are at night… which is reasonable… I think.

I just think that today we zapped quickly Forward to the PAST, or BACK to the future… depending on how you prefer to think… and whatever justifications may be put forth, I’m totally peeved L

Anyway… ‘tis my blog J

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 16, 2005 11:33:00 AM, Blogger Mfoniso said...

Well, since you asked, it's "Indigene".

Check DHL for an Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary I just sent to you. :P


By the way, nice ramblings. Your blog is one of the first things I look at whenever I get on the net.
(Yeah, go ahead and feel good, you've earned it)

Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to blog recently. School's back and it's about to get hectic. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home