Friday, January 21, 2005

My Home Page

 

Finally got around to doing what all my friends, employers and co-workers have been wanting me to do for a long time now  - Put up a darned home page that makes it easy to get to the stuff I have been working on at home.

 

Its here at http://www.datavibe.net/~essiene

 

I’ve been lazy about this mostly because there was no really good web IDE for Linux for a while, and I had to fall back to my default editor, the venerable VI(m).

 

Recently, with the maturity of the Bluefish Project (http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/index2.html ), I’ve found a rather good web IDE. I only wish, I could use VI(m) as my editor while in Bluefish. :-s

 

Right now, I’m about to step out for a party… so hey… WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At Saturday, January 22, 2005 12:12:00 AM, Blogger Farhan said...

Finally! :)

About using VIM inside of bluefish: I doubt it but if you like KDE you might want to try VIM kpart (that _might_ work for) =D Check it out here: http://www.freehackers.org/kvim/.

 
At Saturday, January 22, 2005 2:24:00 PM, Blogger Essien Ita Essien said...

WoW!!!! This is exactly what I would need. Basically allowing you to embed VI(m) into any environment that needs an editor.... kewl!

Hmm... I'll try to see if I can work it out on my Xfce setup, I hope I don't have to get most of the Kde libraries... they'll clutter up my box since I don't use KDE.

I'll see what i'll do with this. Thnx Farhan. And see? I'm bloggin more regularly now. Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home